SUPPORT SOHO INC., headquartered in CANADA., and its group of companies ("Support Soho", "we", "us" and "our") are committed to protecting the privacy of individuals who interact with us, such as our website visitors, customers, business partners, leads and prospects, recipients of marketing communications, and event attendees ("you" and "your"). This Privacy Notice explains what information we collect, why we collect it, how we use it, and your rights, when:
- You visit, interact with or use any of our websites, social media pages, online advertisements, marketing or sales communications.
- You visit any of our offices (“Offices”),
- You attend one of our events or interact with us at an event (“Events”); and
- You purchase and use our products and services.
PART I: What Information We Collect & How We Collect It
The personal information we receive about you depends on the context of your interactions with us and the choices you make.
Information we collect from you
We will collect personal information when you voluntarily provide it to us (including to our service providers or other parties who collect it on our behalf). For example, we collect personal information when you order, register for (or to use) or request information about Support Soho products, services or subscribe to marketing communications, or sign up for a Support Soho event or webinar. We may also collect personal information from you offline, such as when you attend one of our events, during phone calls with sales representatives, or when you contact customer support.
The personal information we collect may include contact information (such as your name, address, telephone number or email address), professional information (such as your employer name, address, job title, department or job role). The personal information and professional information that we collect most likely publicly available. We also may record our telephone or other communications with you, to the extent permitted by applicable law. When making a purchase from Support Soho we may also collect billing information
PART II: How We Use Your Information
Personal information is used for the following purposes (unless restricted by applicable law):
- Communicate, respond to requests and engage in/process transactions. We may use personal information to communicate with you, respond to your requests or provide information requested by you.
Facilitate the delivery of the service and account administration. We may use personal information to provide you with Services, manage your account, and communicate with you about your use of our Services. This may include managing product downloads, updates and fixes, providing support and recommendations, and sending other administrative or account-related communications, including release notes.
Improve the accuracy of our records. We may use the personal information we receive from you or third parties to better understand you and/or maintain and improve the accuracy of the records we hold about you.
- Post testimonials. We may use personal information to post testimonials. Prior to posting a testimonial, we will obtain your consent to use your name and testimonial.
- Marketing. We will use information obtained from you, your interactions with us, and from third-party sources to position and promote our products and services, deliver targeted and relevant marketing communications to you, to determine the effectiveness of our marketing and promotional campaigns, improve the contextual relevance of the content we send to you, and to generate lead to determine the interest in our products and services.
- Security. We may use personal information to help monitor, prevent and detect fraud, enhance security, monitor and verify identity or access, and combat spam or other malware or security risks.
- Conferences and events. We may use personal information to communicate with you about our events. After the event, we may contact you about the event and related products and services, may share information about your attendance with your company, and, upon your consent, with our conference sponsors. If a partner or conference sponsor directly requests your personal information at their conference booths or presentations, your personal information will be handled in accordance with their privacy practices. We recommend that you review the privacy practices of such partners and sponsors.
- Protect our employees and facilities. We may use personal information as necessary to protect the health and safety of our employees and visitors, our facilities and our property and other rights. If you visit one of our sites, you may be photographed or videotaped as part of maintaining the security of such sites.
- Employee benefits and contacts. We may use personal information of Beneficiaries in case of emergencies involving the employee for which the Beneficiary is the emergency contact, and to administer employment-related benefits.
- Other legitimate business purposes. We may use personal information when it is necessary for other legitimate purposes such as protecting our confidential and proprietary information.
Except as may be permitted by applicable law, we will not process your information in a manner inconsistent with the purpose for which we collected it.
PART III: How We Disclose Your Information
We take care to allow your personal information to be accessed only by those who need access to be able to perform their duties, and to be shared only with third parties who have a legitimate purpose for accessing it. We may share your personal information with third parties as follows:
Service providers. We may disclose your information with our service providers, such as vendors, consultants, agents and other third parties who work on our behalf. For example, we may need to disclose information to vendors and service providers who provide assistance with marketing, billing, payments, data analysis and insight, hosting, employment benefits, technical support and customer service. Unless described in any of our privacy notices, we do not share, sell, rent, or trade any of your personal information with third parties for their own promotional purposes.
- Business partners. We may disclose your information to our channel partners, such as distributors and resellers, and to other business partners, to fulfill product and information requests, to effectively deliver unified support, and to provide customers and prospective customers with information about us and our products and services. From time to time, we may engage in joint sales or product promotions with selected business partners. If you purchase or specifically express interest in a jointly offered product, promotion or service, we may share relevant personal information with those partners.
Note that we do not control our business partners’ use of such information. Our partners are responsible for managing their own use of the personal information collected in these circumstances, including providing information to you about how they use your personal information. We recommend you review the privacy policies of the relevant partner to find out more about their handling of your personal information.
- Vital interests. We may disclose information to any party where we believe it necessary in order to protect the vital interests of any person.
- Compliance with laws or any competent law enforcement body, regulatory body, government agency, court or third party. We may disclose information where we believe disclosure is necessary or required (i) by law or regulation, in order to comply with legal process or government requests (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements); or (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights.
- Business transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, acquisition, dissolution, corporate reorganization or similar event. We will inform any buyer that your information shall only be used in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
- With your consent. We may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
PART IV: Your Privacy Choices and Rights
We offer all individuals, regardless of residency, certain privacy choices.
- Marketing communications. You may modify how we contact you through email for marketing or promotional purposes. If you don’t want to receive marketing communications from us, you can opt-out at any time by using the “unsubscribe” button included in any marketing communications we send you.
Your rights may include:
- Access and portability. You may ask us to confirm whether we are processing your personal information, provide you with details about such processing, and, in some limited circumstances, give you a copy of your personal information. You may ask us to provide your personal information in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format, or you can ask to have it ported directly to another data controller.
- Erasure or deletion. You may ask us to delete the personal information that we hold about you.
- Rectification or correction. You may ask us to correct any inaccurate or incomplete personal information that we hold about you.
- Objection to processing. You may request that we stop processing your personal information for specific purposes including marketing and profiling.
- Restriction of processing. You may request that we restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances (for example, where you believe that the personal information we hold about you is not accurate or lawfully held).
- Appeal. You may have the right to appeal a decision we make regarding the exercise of your privacy rights.
- Lodge a complaint to your local Data Protection Authority. You may have the right to lodge a complaint with your national Data Protection Authority or equivalent regulatory body.
PART V: Security and Confidentiality
We maintain (and require our service providers to maintain) appropriate organizational and technical measures designed to protect the security and confidentiality of any personal information we process. These measures include physical access controls, encryption, Internet firewalls, intrusion detection and network monitoring depending on the nature of the information and the scope of processing. Support Soho staff who may have access to personal information are required to keep that information confidential. Despite these controls, we cannot completely ensure or warrant the security of your information and encourage you to take steps to protect your information when disclosing personal information online by using readily available tools, such as Internet firewalls, anti-virus and anti-spyware software, and similar technologies.
Part VI: International Transfers
Personal information, including personal information collected from or about you may be transferred, stored and processed by us and our service providers, partners and affiliates in countries other than where your personal information was collected and other than where you reside, including the United States and other countries whose data protection laws may be different than the laws of your country. We will protect your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice wherever it is processed and will take appropriate steps to protect your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and applicable laws. We have implemented similar appropriate safeguards with our service providers, partners and affiliates.
PART VII: Deletion and Retention
We will retain personal information we collect from you where we have a justifiable business need to do so and/or for as long as is needed to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, legal, accounting or other purposes). Specifically, our retention schedule categorizes records or information by department, content type, retention period, and any supplemental policies (domestic, regional and global) where applicable. Our retention schedule is based on a combination of laws and regulatory requirements, legal guidance, the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information and to maximize operational efficiencies.
When we have no justifiable business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it. If deletion or anonymization is not possible (for example, your personal information may be stored in backup archives or for technical reasons), we will securely store your personal information and implement appropriate measures to prevent any further processing until deletion is possible. If we de-identify or anonymize your personal information, we will maintain and use it in de-identified form and not attempt to re-associate the information with you, except to test our de-identification procedures.
If you request deletion of your personal information (see “Your Privacy Choices and Rights” section for further information) we will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws.
PART VIII: Other Information
Changes to this Privacy Notice. We will review and update this Privacy Notice periodically in response to changing legal, technical and business developments. When we update this Privacy Notice we will note the date of its most recent revision above. If we make material changes to this Privacy Notice, we will take appropriate measures to inform you in a manner that is consistent with the significance of the changes we make and is in accordance with applicable law. We encourage you to review this Privacy Notice frequently to be informed of how we are protecting your information.
Part IX: How To Contact Us